I’ve noticed that IE9 has a problem displaying many WordPress websites properly.
You can avoid most if not all of the IE9/WordPress problems by placing a certain meta tag in the head section of your website. This meta tag instructs the IE9 browser to emulate a more compatible version of Internet Explorer(IE8) so that the website will not break. It’s ok if you don’t understand HTML, just follow the instructions.
- Log into WordPress admin.
- Select ‘Editor’ under the ‘Appearance’ button on the left of the screen.
- Click the ‘Header’ link on the right of the screen.
- Copy this line of markup text:
<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=EmulateIE8″ >
- Paste it under the last meta line in the code
- Click ‘Update File’ button.
- Now open a new browser tab and load your website. Refresh the browser by holding down the ‘Ctrl’ key as you hit the ‘F5′ key. If your website reloads without the display problem you’ve resolved the issue.